butter blueberries

butter blueberries

Monday, January 27, 2014

Coping with Winter

Hello there!

Well, a day full of snow squall warnings & snow have been on the agenda for today...
(lots of fresh snow)


I thought I would share this Quote with you....




 "Winter is the time for comfort,

for good food and warmth,

for the touch of a friendly hand and for a talk beside the fire:

it is time for Home"...

-Edith Sitwell-





Our girls were home on the weekend.  ;0)

 They left behind a fresh batch of peanut butter cookies.





Snowing outside tends to lead to baking inside...  ;0)

Have a fantastic week, the last week of January!!

Talk with you soon,
Christine




9 comments:

  1. Hi Christine. How was the Interior Design Show? I hope you got some inspiration and ideas there. The peanut butter cookies look really yummy and I like your photos. It snowed this morning and I baked blueberry muffins. It's pouring rain this afternoon. Flash freeze tonight. Crazy winter weather = cravings for sweets. Have a good week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Edith Sitwell had the right idea. I like the idea of embracing winter! (Coping with winter makes it sound so dreary.)

    The cookies look scrumptious!

    -Karen

    ReplyDelete
  3. After living in northern climes for many years I have learned to find comfort in the warmth of my house and the warmth of my woolen sweaters. Can't wear them in the summer... LOL... The cookies look yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh no, now you have to finish eating those cookies. LOL They look great.
    Cher Sunray Gardens

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely quote Christine. And yes winter weather like we are having does lead to baking ... I made some chocolate muffins to enjoy with the many cups of tea by the fire :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. hi Christine,
    one of my favourite quotes!
    love your blog header photo ♥ perfect with the Edith Sitwell quote too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the quote, Christine. I love to bake on a snowy winter day-just pulled an apple cake out of the oven :)
    Stay warm!

    ReplyDelete
  8. YUM! I wrote that quote on my chalkboard last January. I love it! Snowing here all day. Just kind of having a lazy day.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great Quote!! Miss the kids at home and baking with them. You're peanut butter cookies look amazing, maybe I'll make some and send them to the kids.
    Hugs,
    Jody

    ReplyDelete

Please, drop me a line...I would love to hear from you. I enjoy reading all of your comments.
If you have any questions, I will try my best to answer them for you. Thanks for the visit! Enjoy the rest of your day...