butter blueberries

butter blueberries

Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Circular Knitting Needle

Hello, how are you today?

This is a project I have recently started...a ruffled scarf.



The ruffles are created when you continue to knit the pattern.


At first there is not much to see but then the ruffles start to form.


I started out with my straight # 6.00 mm needles but they kept getting in my way, hitting my hips as I was knitting the rows.  


My daughters each have Circular Knitting Needles but they have existing projects on them. ;0)
Normally we would share...


So, I purchased my own.

I have to tell you what a difference it has made, way more comfortable than being poked in the sides all of the time. 


Just a tip, you may have seen hand thrown pottery yarn bowls, they have a little cut out in the side and the yarn feeds through, tangle free...
Well, I don't have one of those ;0)  but I have an alternative...
This navy blue bowl (see above photo) belongs to my set of nesting bowls from Crate & Barrel
It is the second smallest of the set...
Perfect for holding one yarn ball, the yarn rolls off just right...

Sometimes, you just got to have the right tool(s) for the right job...



Do you always have the right tool for the right job?



Enjoy your day,
Christine

9 comments:

  1. That scarf should be very pretty when it's done. I have to pull out my knitting again! I have an incomplete baby sweater with a little ruffle on it that is fun to do.

    -Karen

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a round circular needle that I am using right now for a afhan that I am knitting! I love it! Looking forward to seeing your ruffled scarf!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Christine, I have seen these scarves and they are beautiful. Sometimes I think that I would love to try my hand at knitting. Did it only once as a yound girl. They taught it to us in my church. I sometimes try and make do with what I have. Find that once in a while you just have to break down and buy what is needed.
    Hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  4. The yarn looks lovely and soft! Hoping you will share the finished project. I love having several stitching projects in different spots so I can keep my hands busy (at work, in the van, my favourite spot in the living room etc.)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hmm wonder if that is like the new scarf a friend did for me. I will have to add it to a post. I keep saying I will start knitting one day but still haven't found the time.
    Cher Sunray Gardens

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hmm wonder if that is like the new scarf a friend did for me. I will have to add it to a post. I keep saying I will start knitting one day but still haven't found the time.
    Cher Sunray Gardens

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Christine,

    Your ruffled scarf is going to be gorgeous! I love the design with rich colors. I wish I had learned to knit. My grandmother tried to teach me when I was a young girl; however, I am left handed so it didn't go to well :-) Thank you for stopping to visit me. Have a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Is this the Churchmouse scarf? I started it but it just seems like so many stitches, but your photo makes want to keep going, I love when ruffles and pattern appear, it makes the project so exciting!!! I have a yarn bowl too that is perfect for this. I am so glad you shared this!
    Hugs,
    Mags
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. That scarf is looking good! I think that's neat that you can put it in that pottery bowl to keep it tangle free. Gives you a nice place to keep it when not in use too. I'm a gadget lover so I'm always looking for tools to make a job easier or at least more fun!

    ReplyDelete

Please, drop me a line...I would love to hear from you. I enjoy reading all of your comments.
If you have any questions, I will try my best to answer them for you. Thanks for the visit! Enjoy the rest of your day...