butter blueberries

butter blueberries

Thursday, December 27, 2012

O' Christmas Tree

Our "Christmas Tree" 2012



It is a family tradition for the girls to receive a gift on Christmas Eve.
A box of ornaments, I always try and find new ones that look the oldest...


I started this about 15 years ago...
They have quite the collection to take with them when they first have their own Christmas Tree.




A lovely mix of different shapes, sizes & colours!



The crowning touch!

I hope everyone enjoyed a very Merry Christmas with loved ones around your own Christmas Tree!

Loving thoughts of old and memories of new, reflection in the glory of the season.... 

All the Best,
Christine

8 comments:

  1. What a neat tradition and as they are older and have their own children they'll be discussing with them when they got each. Beautiful tree!
    Cher Sunray Gardens

    ReplyDelete
  2. Christine, you have a lovely tradition. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a sweet tradition!! Christine your tree looks beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is such a nice tradition. I'm sure they will think of you every time they open those boxes of ornaments every year. Your tree is gorgeous! Merry Christmas to you and your family too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful! I love the reflection in the mirror in the last picture. I gave each of my children an ornament each year growing up. I tried to find something that represented a special moment or something they loved that year. They took them with them after they married. Fun to see them on their trees. I now give my grandies one. Your girls will have wonderful memories of Christmas.
    Hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your tree is beautiful, Christine. We have the same tradition with our children. I have often bought them an ornament that goes along with something in our life from that yr. For example a trip, or the year we built the cottage...etc. Blessings to you for a wonderful 2013. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your Christmas tree is beautiful, Christine, and I love the red roses. I hope the new year is kind to you, and it brings you all the goodness that you share with us.
    ~Sheri at Red Rose Alley

    ReplyDelete

Please, drop me a line...I would love to hear from you. I enjoy reading all of your comments.
If you have any questions, I will try my best to answer them for you. Thanks for the visit! Enjoy the rest of your day...