butter blueberries

butter blueberries

Saturday, November 10, 2012

Ceramic Christmas Trees

I started collecting these ceramic Christmas trees last year.


  
My Mother used to make them in her weekly ceramic class that she used to attend to get out of the house once a week. She would look forward to it all week, some girl time out with her best girlfriend while the kids stayed at home with their 
older siblings. 

At my Parents home you will still find every Christmas the ceramic Christmas Tree out on display all season long, a tiny beacon of a wonderful holiday spirit.  My Children have grown up loving the little tree at Grammy & Papas house...



So, last year I was on a mission to find a little ceramic Christmas Tree for them.  I checked out them on line and found them to be quite expensive.... 

I didn't give up hope though. 

I searched my favorite thrift shops first and couldn't believe my good luck, there was one.  I bought it right away and at the  right price as well.  But I needed two, off I went again.

I was very lucky to find another and another and so on.

The girls were home last weekend and picked up their little ceramic Christmas trees to take back with them to University for a beacon of a wonderful holiday spirit in their home away from home this season.

So, now I feel like I have to rescue these little ceramic Christmas trees when I see them... 

"For Sale" sitting on a shelf with no home.

  Oh well, I could just have myself my own forest.
That would be ok...



This one is on the counter in the Stonehouse Kitchen, catching the fading light of the day.

Have a great weekend, everyone!

All the Best,
Christine


4 comments:

  1. My mother-in-law made these too. She made herself a large one in green and a small one in ivory plus she made us a large one in green with a music box in it and a small cream one for my mother. I now have four of them but only display the cream ones as I don't have room for the large green ones. They are so 70's but I love them still. :) Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember them well. In fact Danbury Mint has them with Yorkies on it and I have one of them. Love it. They have all kinds of breeds on them. Good luck on more. Some day when you are too old to put up a tree, you'll appreciate even more having them. :)
    Cher Sunray Gardens

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Christine,
    My mother and us three younger girls took a ceramic class together years ago. Guess what? We all made one of those trees. Sadly though I got rid of mine one year. Thought it was out of style. What was I thinking? Would love to have it back now. Funny how much smarter you become when you grow older. lol! When my mother passed one of my daughters got hers. It makes me smile everytime I see it. Such a wonderful reminder of such a wonderful woman. Glad that you were able to find some for a good price. I will keep my eyes out too!
    Hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this plastic Christmas tree.

    lisa

    ReplyDelete

Please, drop me a line...I would love to hear from you. I enjoy reading all of your comments.
If you have any questions, I will try my best to answer them for you. Thanks for the visit! Enjoy the rest of your day...